Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Sewing Up the Summer

Today it finally hit me... the summer is over and its back school. I am a bit excited about heading back for the fact that I get to see people. The idea of homework, projects, and exams do not interest me though. I think I have lost my drive for education. There is no "thirst for knowledge" within me. Oh well.... I am almost finished.

This week I have been getting ready to head back and finishing things up around the house. Yesterday I sewed a few curtains for my Aunt's front door and hemmed a couple of uniforms for my mom. I also cleaned the basement bathroom, something I loath doing. Today I vacuumed out my car and packed it. I barely fit everything, but its all in there. Hopefully it isn't too heavy for the car... I have a feeling the gas mileage is going to suck. This afternoon I think I will mow the lawn because the weather is absolutely beautiful!

Tomorrow I am taking most of my things down to La Crosse to my on-campus apartment. I don't plan on staying down there until Sunday because of a wedding on Saturday. Since I am getting my haircut down there though, I thought I would move stuff in on a day that isn't as popular for moving in. My mom and I are going to stay overnight at my Grandma and Grandpa's and then we are going to help do flood cleanup in the area. Hokah, my mom's hometown, had some major damage from the flood/mudslides. Luckily my grandparents are fine but the town looks pretty tough from what we have heard and seen in the newspapers.

Good luck with the start of a another year of school. When you think about how long we have been in school it is unreal... this will be year 17! I hope after this year I will get a little break from it all.

1 comment:

Susan K. said...

It seems kind of ridiculous that people need 17+ years of school...