Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Sleeping by the Fire

Yesterday I took a nap by the fire over at a friends house. I haven't taken a nap in so long and had forgotten the simple pleasure of going unconscious in the middle of the day! I must admit that sleeping on a hardwood floor lacks a bit in comfort however. Lately I have been really lazy about getting any thing important done. I guess I was a little productive yesterday when I took a trip to the courthouse to get my application for a passport. It really surprised me how much it cost, so I better get to go to Ireland this summer! Tomorrow my Grandma is coming to visit, and we are going to take her to a movie and lunch. I think we are going to see The Pursuit of Happyness. I heard it was good so I hope it lives up to the praise. I haven't seen a good movie in the theater in awhile. I guess if the movie isn't good it is still a good thing that we took Grandma out for an outing. I am getting a little excited about going back to school. I think all my classes should be fun and interesting. However, I am getting nervous, which I came to realize after I awoke from a school nightmare this morning. I am sure you can all relate to a dream where you are late for all your classes on the first day of school and for some reason you seem to moving in slow motion while every thing around you is moving twice as fast as you. I hate those dreams! On Monday night I went to my much older cousins house to play games with her family. She has two kids who are in elementary school. We played charades and also DDR which I had never done in my life. I am really bad at it... no coordination what so ever. It was embarrassing losing to a first grader. Oh well. I will say that I was a bit better at charades. When I was playing I had a flash back to the first annual camping trip with Su and Betsi when we played charades. I started laughing out loud when I thought of Betsi's evil suggestion of Moby Dick, which I acted out in the most embarrassing way... in the middle of a campsite where the wildlife could laugh at me. Especially the friendly squirrel! :) So I return to school on Sunday. It is crazy how fast time flies but I guess I am excited to go back. I might as well be. So anyway... happy spring semester!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your entry made me laugh, both the DDR story and the charades story. We're definitely going camping again this summer.