Saturday, October 14, 2006

Chilly

Freezing! It has been so darn cold... but I kind of like it to tell you the truth. The only stinky thing is that my coat zipper broke so I get a little cold without being able to zip it up outside. I did ok on my English exam! Got an AB on it so I was happy enough with that. I hate it so getting a B in it would make me content. I have been relatively busy the last week or two. Last weekend I went to Wausau with Sara to get my bridesmaid dress fitted. It is really beautiful and I like it a lot. Its strapless and floor length... harvest gold. Very pretty. When we were there we went to her highschools football game Friday night and then a band competition that her cousin/bridesmaid was in. It was pretty cool and it made me nostalgic for the good ol' marching band days in highschool. We also made cookies and pies which I loved :) Not mention the home cooked meals were amazing! We had salmon one night that was delicious! This week I have been keeping busy with homework and volunteering. Wednesday night I volunteered at a local assisted living complex and helped decorate for Halloween. Sara, Phil, and I are going to try and help out 1 or 2 times per month. Next time we hope to play some games and actually interact with the residents there. Later that night I went to a presentation about Iraq where I man spoke about his experience there and he showed his own documentary. A lot of the stuff made me really angry, but I won't get into that... it is to depressing and it would take forever to explain it all. This morning I took a trip to the grocery store all by myself. I went at 8am and there was hardly anyone around. It was pretty enjoyable actually. Lots of old people! :) Well, must be going now. Adios!

4 comments:

Susan K. said...

I saw the dress pic you emailed... it looks gorgeous! Very nice.

How do you get an AB? Is that like... 89.7 percent or something weird?

Susan K. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cookie Queen said...

AB is like an A- and B+ combined... in my english class it is anything that falls in the range of 88-93%. So yeah... sounds like your trip to Elgin was cool!! I have applied for the Ireland trip!!! I really really think I will get to go :) Yippy!

Susan K. said...

That is wonderful! I bet Ireland is just as fun as Scotland, if a little different. I hope you get in and have fun. =)