Thursday, March 01, 2007

Snow

I went home this weekend to celebrate my Mom and friend Chelsi's birthdays... but because of the snow the party got cancelled :( I was disappointed that we didn't have it, but over spring break I plan and have the little dinner. Rochester got about 14-15 inches, but when I got back to LaCrosse I was greeted with a wopping 22 inches!! There was so much snow in the parking lot and I couldn't find a parking place that wasn't completely full of snow (4 ft. in most places because of plows). Luckily, I have family in the area where I could leave my car until the parking lots get cleared out.

Today we are suppose to have another winter storm, but it really isn't doing much here except for being really windy. I doubt LaCrosse will get much if any snow... more sleet and rain. Rochester got a snow day finally though!! Yeah for them! Apparently they cancelled last night. Thats the first time they were proactive rather than waiting until the storm hits and then the kids are already at school so they decide they can just stick it out. Stupid people! I will college students got snow days too, but I guess I shouldn't complain since I only have classes on Tuesday and Thursday this semester! :)

Only one more week before my spring break!!! Woohoo! When is does everyone else have their spring break? Next week seems to be a popular time. And guess what!?! Only a month until my 21st Birthday!! Not that I am really excited about the new "responsibilities" that I will have, but it is a big milestone! I have a full day of classes on my Birthday though, so I will definitely not be doing any silly activity.

Hope those of you who are getting snow enjoy the fluffy white stuff. I have a real urge to go our and make a snow fort. When I was little the neighborhood kids and I would make some mighty fine snow forts. Some even had roofs! How cool is that?!?! :)

1 comment:

Susan K. said...

Awww, so I guess both our big dinners got cancelled. I'm sorry about yours- it's a bummer to have plans fall through. I hope you have fun making the little dinner though. =)
My spring break is the week of the 19th through 23rd, and I don't yet know if I'm coming home.
And I am enjoying my snow. =)